As a Senior Mobile Software Engineer at Fleetio, you’ll build incredible mobile apps that help our customers and users be successful in their jobs. This is a demanding but rewarding role that requires a broad engineering skill set.
Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage a fleet of vehicles. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day.
We’re looking for a senior iOS/Android engineer to work on our mobile apps (Fleetio Go and Fleetio Parts). Both apps are built on the Cordova-based Ionic framework, but many of our features like trip tracking in Fleetio Drive depend entirely on native iOS and Android code. We’re seeking someone who knows their way around the patterns and pitfalls that come with building native apps targeted at a mobile workforce, including notifications, messaging, data synchronization, and especially location services.
Prior SaaS experience is a huge plus, and strong consideration will be given to candidates who have released and maintained apps through their entire lifecycle, from planning to releasing and supporting.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Build software used by people all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. We’re a customer-centric team with a great product, excellent support, and countless happy customers.
- Work from our HQ in Birmingham, AL or wherever you’d like as a part of our strong remote working culture.
While we've enjoyed a good deal of success since launching in 2012, we're still very much a startup. We have around 30 team members now, and about 10 of those are fully remote based in different parts of the US (no offshoring).
Our engineering team is relatively small, full of senior-level developers who love their craft. You'll be joining a tight-knit team that's used to moving fast and taking on responsibility. Check out our careers page to learn more about working at Fleetio.
We're hardcore believers in easy-to-use software. Crafting a delightful user experience is hard work, but we welcome the challenge and we're looking for team members who share our ambition.
Mobile is big part of our strategy and this is a position we consider essential to the company’s success. Bonus points for mentioning coffee in your application so we know you actually read this.
- Deep knowledge of iOS and Android development
- Master of other mobile technologies: Android Studio, XCode, Test Flight, etc.
- Experience with common native patterns such as location services, messaging, notifications, etc.
- Previous SaaS experience
- Knowledge of Ionic is a plus
- Fundamental understanding of good UX design
- Understand the balance between scrappiness and long-term code maintainability
- Compelled to make things look beautiful and work flawlessly
- Level up if you know a thing or two about cars and engines
- 100% coverage of health and dental insurance
- Meaningful company equity
- Book program and professional development budget
- Mac laptop and whatever tools you need