TaxJar’s remote-only team of nearly 30 people is growing fast. We have an immediate opening for a Ruby on Rails Developer who wants to make a difference on a growing, experienced team of entrepreneurs.
As a Rails Developer at TaxJar you will:
- Write strong Ruby on Rails code daily
- Be challenged to solve new problems
- Review and test your teammates pull requests
- Contribute to and maintain our existing Rspec test suites
- Maintain and update our sales tax reporting application
- Build out apps and services for managing thousands of sales tax rules
- Help with improving and scaling our SmartCalcs API
- Work with Rails, Elixir, Vue.js, Heroku, Postgres, Sidekiq, Magento, WooCommerce, and more
- Help monitor and support 24/7 Rails applications and services
- Spend time working the customer success inbox. Our employees, even the CEO, spend time doing this - we’re all in it together.
This is a full-time remote position, available to folks located in the US.
- 3+ years production experience with: Rails 4, Postgres, Sidekiq
- Ability to write clear and accurate tests using RSpec/Capybara
- Write code that is maintainable and readable by your team
- Be accountable for the code you deliver to production
- Manage development tasks from assignment through to production
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Passion for building simple and intuitive solutions for complex problems in ecommerce
- Prior SaaS development, API development or similar app dev experience
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (chat, video, email, etc)
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you're
- A PRO at communicating
- Well-experienced working remotely
- Never tired of learning
- Looking for a culture that prioritizes shipping products and going to market quickly
- Confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re all peers here, no egos please)
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
- Excited to be part of the company leading innovation in the sales tax space
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology. Read more about a day in the life at TaxJar.