Blockstack is a new internet for decentralized apps. With Blockstack, you own your data and maintain your privacy, security and freedom. Blockstack is open source project and a public benefit corporation. Learn more.
Blockstack is looking for a Design Partner to help create and implement the portal to decentralized apps. This is a role for a product designer who can both design and build changes, and who has an eye for both user experience and user interface. This is ideal for designers who are comfortable working in start-ups, who have experience building design processes and can educate a team as to best design practices. This will be a critical contributor to the team and someone who will partner with product managers, cofounders, and the engineering team to design elegant, clean and simple products.
- Build Blockstack’s design process for seamless and repeatable structure across product design
- Lead design initiatives for the Blockstack portal, improving appeal and usability
- Code and deploy new designs in browser builds
You have experience in a rapidly growing start-up creating vision for design brand with cofounders, strong collaboration and communication skills, and can work autonomously to deliver quality results. 10+ years professional experience.
- Design beautiful and functional work for Blockstack today, with an eye for being a design leader in the future
- Develop captivating images for branding across Blockstack communications
- Engage company wide for consistent design initiatives
- History of designing web products
- Experienced leading design initiatives and processes alongside company founders
- Can communicate vision and strategy to a team
Qualities + Traits
- Passion for building the new internet for decentralized apps
- Enthusiasm for hard problems
- Passion for delivering high-quality designs with quick turnaround times
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
We get a lot of applicants, and have historically hired people who are proactively involved in our work and mission of decentralizing the internet. We hope you explore our Whitepaper, Browser, Github, and Slack prior to submitting your resume.