Blockstack is a new internet for decentralized apps. With Blockstack, you own your data and maintain your privacy, security and freedom. Blockstack is open source project and a public benefit corporation. Learn more.
Blockstack is looking for a passionate and collaborative DevOps Engineer to help develop rigorous testing suites to guarantee the safety of a soon-to-be launched cryptocurrency and blockchain. This person will work on implementing securely tested solutions, and interface with our dev team and back end engineers on product builds and feature implementation. This role will span testing and security, software development and upgrades, improvements to our Developer API, and community support.
Things You'll Work On:
- Manage distribution of Blockstack software upgrades for developers and everyday users
- Keep our users happy by managing Blockstack browser availability, scalability, and performance
- Build tools for faster deployment schedules
- Instate monitoring protocols and fail-over measures
- Implement continuous testing practices to ensure the security and performance goals of Blockstack are met across backend services, blockchain infrastructure, and our frontend user clients
- Deliver on rapid implementation schedules (without compromising on smart development goals and principles) to build web functionality that is functional, fast, and scalable
You are have worked in a large, highly available systems environment before, as well as an agile start-up. You are familiar with strategizing and improving for system security and availability. Your strengths lie in backend development, but can work across the full-stack when needed.
- Increased uptime of Blockstack software
- Delivery of long term, securely tested software
- Work to improve our failure processes, alerting, and emergency response times
- Support our community developers to increase number and usability of Blockstack Apps
- Experience developing with python and bash
- Comfort across operating systems, with a strong Linux background
- Experience across the CI/CD pipeline, with an understanding of best practices for automated testing and deployment
- Ability to build and maintain highly available infrastructure
- Competency in monitoring and quick response time in the event of an emergency
- Security background with strength in automated testing and infrastructure
- Experience deploying Bitcoin infrastructure with bitcoin core or utxo providers
Qualities + Traits
- Passion for building the new internet for decentralized apps
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to think fast and thoroughly
- Development mindset with strong security background
- Experience in a rapidly scaling start-up
- Proactive solution provider
- Excellent communication
We get a lot of applicants, and have historically hired people who are proactively involved in our work and mission of decentralizing the internet. We hope you explore our Whitepaper, Browser, Github, and Slack prior to submitting your resume.