TaxJar’s remote-only team of nearly 30 people is growing fast. We’re currently looking for a Customer Success Specialist who wants to make a difference on a growing, experienced team of entrepreneurs.
This is a full-time remote position, available to folks located in the continental US only. The schedule includes Saturday and Sunday support and two weekdays off.
As a Customer Success Specialist you will:
- Provide answers to questions about TaxJar’s products and services via email and sometimes phone (don’t worry, we’ll train you to be a sales tax pro)
- Answer sales tax consulting questions
- Provide first level triage for questions about our SmartCalcs API, our WooCommerce plugin and Magento extension.
- Track all customer requests and trending product issues
- Take the lead on responding to weekend tickets
- Report on ticket trends or FAQ’s during your shift
- Highly-skilled in written and verbal communications, with both our team and our customers
- Curious--you enjoy digging past the surface of a question
- Comfortable working with technology and providing technical support
- Able to approach success from the customer’s point of view
- Extremely patient...sales tax can be painful and our goal is to ease that pain :-)
- Able to explain complex concepts in easy to understand language
- Interested in understanding the ins-and-outs of sales tax (It’s a big topic!)
- Attentive to details
- Someone with prior experience or interest in eCommerce or SaaS support
- Able to work 8-5 or 9-6 PST
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you:
- Are a PRO at communicating
- Excel at writing (we’re very serious about this.) You have tip top writing skills and know your way around the do’s and don’ts of grammar.
- Are well-experienced at working remotely
- Are accountable
- Are willing and able to dig into our internal and external resources to find answers to customer questions. (Remember, forty-five states and Washington D.C. all have a sales tax and they’re all... different.)
- Are looking for a culture that prioritizes shipping products and going to market quickly
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re all peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.