We’ve always believed and invested in content marketing at Help Scout, and it’s proved to be the driving force behind our growth.
More than 300k unique monthly visitors read our blog, our education platform, and our resources. As a Content Strategist, you’ll have a huge part in helping us reach our next goal of one million monthly sessions, and work with the marketing and sales teams to guide those visitors down the funnel.
By creating and promoting content of all kinds, you’ll play a key role in helping us get our message out, raise awareness and build our brand.
About the role
- You’ll develop and executecontent campaigns with members of our Support, Sales, Marketing, and product teams, as well as external partners.
- You’ll plan and manage all social initiatives including Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, and our newsletter.
- Whether it’s video, webinars, reports or new templates, you’ll collaborate with the team members to define what types of content to create and how to measure their impact.
- You’ll produce content that meets our high standards of excellence and creates the utmost value for readers.
- We have a loyal audience and always need fresh ideas. You’ll bring new, engaging ideas to our content that delight our current base and help engage new audience members.
- You have worked in SaaS and enjoy the challenges of attracting people and getting them to consider our product. You’ve been a part of the content process before, developing different kinds of content(webinars, guides) and understand how they fit into the buying process.
- You are an exceptional writer, with the ability to grasp complex ideas and explain them in plain language. You work hard to make every word matter. Your style is friendly and engaging, and contains just the right amount of humor.
- Being detail-oriented isn’t just a sound bite for you; it’s one of your strongest qualities. This job requires superhuman organization and communication skills.
- You have a good understanding of what it takes for a business to succeed a grow through a variety of content marketing channels, yet you continue to experiment and learn new things.
- You are empathetic and thoughtful, always putting yourself in the customer’s shoes. You know that the most relevant messages start with understanding how people feel.
- You believe remote teams are the future of work. You have experience working with remote teams and can adjust your work style to be remote-friendly.
- Competitive Salary - We pay at or above market salary in most cases and evaluate a lot of research to make sure everyone is paid well. The formula we use to calculate all salaries is public to employees and is improved upon regularly.
- Work anywhere - Work from our office in Boston or anywhere else, provided you have 4 hours of overlap with the team. We’ll even buy your home office furniture or help you pay for a co-working space.
- Health and dental insurance - We cover you and your family's health/dental insurance 100%. If you are based in the US, we'll cover you on our Aetna policy.
- Long-term/Short-term Disability Insurance & Life Insurance - we cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST Disability insurance and base Life Insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider.
- International Benefit Stipend - If you’re based outside the US, you’ll receive a monthly stipend that goes towards covering medical insurance, long and short-term disability, and accountant costs.
- Flexible vacation - Take time off when you need it, we trust you.
- Paid parental leave, including adoption - 12 weeks if you have or adopt a baby, 4 weeks if your partner has a baby.
- 401k with 1% match- 1% Retirement Plan matching for both US and International Employees
- Personal development stipend - Up to $1,800 per year to improve your craft
- Great tools - Each employee receives a Mac laptop and 27'' display (or equivalent). We’ll also purchase any of the software or hardware you need as well as high-end furniture to get your home office started
- Complete transparency - Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
Help Scout is made by roughly 70 people in 40+ cities around the world, all with a passion for excellence in their craft.
We come from diverse backgrounds and are united by an enthusiasm for great products and delightful customer experiences.
Since launching in April of 2011, Help Scout now powers 8,000+ support teams in over 140 countries. Our software is used and trusted by businesses of every shape and size.
Designed to go the distance
Our mission is to foster the world’s customer-centric businesses by providing tools that serve customers in the most human, helpful way. While growth is important, team and values are paramount. We’re always striving to do impactful work we’re proud of in lieu of chasing overnight success.
We’re builders without borders
Our entire team is free to work remotely from wherever they choose. We overcome remote challenges through transparency, trust, and video conferencing. The reward is worth the effort—we’ll take talent, skill, and diverse perspectives over local geography any day.
Above all, we want Help Scout to be a place where passionate people can do their very best work. You won’t find any ping-pong tables or kegerators here. Instead, you’ll be surrounded by driven, supportive teammates who will push you to be better. We take work/life harmony seriously, too, as we want every career at Help Scout to be a long and satisfying one.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.