At Help Scout, the sales team serves as a trusted advisor for prospects and customers -- listening to their needs, clearly explaining what’s possible, and leading training/onboarding efforts to make sure everyone is successful for the long term. Quite simply, you’ll have the opportunity to impact small businesses in a big way on a daily basis.
About the role
- You’ll partner with customers through the entire buying process, from initial evaluation to close, and through onboarding of the entire team. You’ll be the primary point of contact through the first year renewal.
- You’ll team with marketing to ensure inbound campaigns are well coordinated as you follow up to qualify and close those opportunities.
- In most cases you’ll be partnering with SMBs between 10-250 people. On a monthly basis you’ll have the opportunity to close several new deals and get them on track with the product.
- The companies you work with will be qualified and passed to you based on the number of expected Users. They will mostly be trial signups, webinar attendees, or inbound leads we’ve talked with to get a high-level understanding of their needs. You’ll also work with existing customers on high-value upgrade and expansion opportunities.
- Most of your time will be spent working with stakeholders over email and on the phone, and doing demos. There’s a reason we call you a trusted advisor -- this is less about the hard sell and more about having the product knowledge, passion and people skills to let the product sell itself.
- Based on what works, you’ll experiment with, measure and document strategies that help us increase sales effectiveness. You’ll be a critical part of helping us enhance our sales playbook.
- You’ll be proactively reporting on learnings and valuable feedback to the product team so that we can improve the product and prioritize the right projects.
- You have 2+ years of successful selling to SMBs, and have experience working on deals similar in size and volume to the ones you’d be working on at Help Scout.
- You are in sales because you love helping people win. It energizes you to work alongside people to improve their business.
- You are naturally curious and have a history of learning new things quickly. This is especially important in a remote company like Help Scout, as you won’t always have people nearby that you can talk to and learn from.
- You excel at managing yourself like a successful business -- highly organized, setting and achieving goals with regularity, creating a great customer experience, and making your teammates better.
- You have experience tracking all of your sales activity and reports with Salesforce.
- As the primary point of contact and a trusted advisor, you’re happy to wear several hats: sales, support, customer success. Over the course of a customer’s first year, you may be point person on any one of them, mobilizing your teammates for support.
- Above all, you’re an entrepreneur and are excited by the prospect of building your business and hitting your quarterly and annual goals.
- Competitive Salary - We pay at or above market salary in most cases and evaluate a lot of research to make sure everyone is paid well. The formula we use to calculate all salaries is public to employees and is improved upon regularly.
- Work anywhere - Work from our office in Boston or anywhere else, provided you have 4 hours of overlap with the team. We’ll even buy your home office furniture or help you pay for a co-working space.
- Health and dental insurance - We cover you and your family's health/dental insurance 100%. If you are based in the US, we'll cover you on our Aetna policy.
- Long-term/Short-term Disability Insurance & Life Insurance - we cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST Disability insurance and base Life Insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider.
- International Benefit Stipend - If you’re based outside the US, you’ll receive a monthly stipend that goes towards covering medical insurance, long and short-term disability, and accountant costs.
- Flexible vacation - Take time off when you need it, we trust you.
- Paid parental leave, including adoption - 12 weeks if you have or adopt a baby, 4 weeks if your partner has a baby.
- 401k with 1% match- 1% Retirement Plan matching for both US and International Employees
- Personal development stipend - Up to $1,800 per year to improve your craft
- Great tools - Each employee receives a Mac laptop and 27'' display (or equivalent). We’ll also purchase any of the software or hardware you need as well as high-end furniture to get your home office started
- Complete transparency - Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
Help Scout is made by roughly 70 people in 40+ cities around the world, all with a passion for excellence in their craft.
We come from diverse backgrounds and are united by an enthusiasm for great products and delightful customer experiences.
Since launching in April of 2011, Help Scout now powers 8,000+ support teams in over 140 countries. Our software is used and trusted by businesses of every shape and size.
Designed to go the distance
Our mission is to foster the world’s customer-centric businesses by providing tools that serve customers in the most human, helpful way. While growth is important, team and values are paramount. We’re always striving to do impactful work we’re proud of in lieu of chasing overnight success.
We’re builders without borders
Our entire team is free to work remotely from wherever they choose. We overcome remote challenges through transparency, trust, and video conferencing. The reward is worth the effort—we’ll take talent, skill, and diverse perspectives over local geography any day.
Above all, we want Help Scout to be a place where passionate people can do their very best work. You won’t find any ping-pong tables or kegerators here. Instead, you’ll be surrounded by driven, supportive teammates who will push you to be better. We take work/life harmony seriously, too, as we want every career at Help Scout to be a long and satisfying one.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.